Put a tenancy agreement in place to protect your property for future generations

If you want to leave a property in your Will, there are several factors you need to consider. In particular, you’ll need to know how your home is registered.

  • Tenants In Common.This means each owner has a set share in the property, and, if someone dies, that share is passed on as stipulated in their Will. If no Will exists, the Rules of Intestacy come into force. This means the property does not automatically pass to the survivor and the relevant share could go to someone you do not want
  • Beneficial Joint Tenants. Under this arrangement, both people own 100% of the property rather than having separate shares. So, if one person dies, the survivor automatically owns the whole property.

Many people are reviewing the way their property is owned to provide for their loved ones and protect the family home from being sold to pay for Long Term Care Costs or being lost to Sideways Disinheritance.

At Farsight Wills, we can advise on your particular situation and if there are any problems, resolve them in a cost-effective, fuss-free manner.

We make sure everything is explained in plain English, not legal gobbledegook.  Appointments can be in the comfort of your own home or at our Swindon town centre offices at no charge.  Once we have made sure that the correct tenancy agreements are in place for your circumstances we are happy to discuss drafting your Will and Lasting Power of Attorney if you so wish.

Providing professional, honest and friendly advice, we ensure you always understand what is happening. Furthermore, we make sure you have all the time necessary to ask questions and get the information you need.

Contact us to ensure your affairs are looked after as you desire.